2013 Student Leadership Conference
Student Leadership Conference 2013
September 18th to 22nd
Cedar Ridge Camp in Bancroft, Ontario
Call for Mentors/Presenters at the 2013 Student Leadership Conference
PHE Canada is seeking applications for mentors for the 2013 Student Leadership Conference. Ideally, mentors will have experience in the physical and/or health education field including health, physical education, recreation, outdoor education, sport management, kinesiology, health promotion and applied sciences. Mentors must be available for five days from September 17-22, 2013 inclusively. Mentors are assigned a group of up to 10 students and their main role is to support student engagement in the conference experience, offer personal experience and guidance to the students planning to embark on their careers, and enhance the students' deeper understanding of their chosen career and the importance of leadership in those fields.
Deadline to apply is February 15 at 5 p.m. EST.
NB: Due to a limited budget, we are requesting that presenters/mentors investigate opportunities to receive travel support.
Call for Participants at the 2013 Student Leadership Conference
How would you like the opportunity to interact with like-minded students from all across Canada who are involved in the physical education, health, sports and related fields? Broaden your leadership skills and network with the field’s most influential peers by attending the Physical and Health Education Canada 2013 Student Leadership Conference. This year’s conference takes place September 18-22, 2013 at beautiful Cedar Ridge Camp, in Bancroft, Ontario.
What we offer:
Our program is a variety of leadership sessions interspersed with hands-on outdoor experiential activities based on the foundations of leadership skills; encouraging students to:
- Challenge their limitations.
- Understand the value of traditional and non-traditional partnerships.
- Think outside the box.
- Put leadership theory into practice
- Be aware of and to nurture, the talents of all children.
Who should attend?
- Students enrolled in university or college in 2nd year or higher (as of September 2013).
- Canadian post secondary students that exemplify exceptional leadership skills and a desire to be leaders in their field.
- Students studying in the physical and/or health education field including: health, physical education, recreation, outdoor education, sport management, kinesiology, health promotion, nursing and applied health sciences.
- Student who are able to demonstrate leadership within their respective institution or community.
Space is limited, so make sure to get your application in today
To apply and full details, please visit www.phecanada.ca